Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Letterman tore O'Reilly a New One


Did you see Letterman last night?

Broadcast excellence.

Read about it here at TV Squad

Better yet, watch it here thanks to Crooks and Liars:

"Bill joined David last night on the Late Show and found that Letterman wasn't buying his phony war on Christmas deal. David also wasn't happy about his attacking Cindy Sheehan, the Iraq war and a lot of what Bill has to say in general.

Video-WMP Video-QT (I will put up a longer clip later)

Before O'Reilly says something negative about Letterman, he should be reminded what Bill said about David in the past:

"Mr. Letterman is a smart guy who can spot a phony with telescopic accuracy and expects his guests to bring something to the table. If a guest begins to sink on this show, the bottom is a long way down."

I guess Bill has a long way to climb up."

UPDATE: Media Matters has a fact check on the Letterman appearance. Turns out O'Reilly is still spreading lies about that "secularized" version of Silent Night he read- the version that comes from a Christmas play written by the choirmaster at Ronald Reagan's fucking church!

ooo I said fucking church

that's ok, like I've said a gazillion times- JESUS CAN TAKE IT!

And the King of Peace (!) certainly doesn't need help from a Bill O'Reilly for anything.

Sidenote- after watching Letterman pants Billy, we switched over to Jimmy Kimmel, whose guest was Al Sharpton. Kimmel asked Sharpton how his Christmas was, and Sharpton told him he had a nice time at a shelter helping to feed the hungry on Christmas Day, because he feels that since it's Christ's birthday, we should give Him a gift...

That's a great idea. But of course to Right-wingers the second they read "Al Sharpton" they stopped reading, no doubt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassandra Complex said...

Here's the email I sent:

Dear Mr. Letterman,

My father tapes your show every single night and watches it at work on his lunch hour the next day.

He's a pretty great guy. Actually, he's my hero. He grew up in a home that was filled with violence and racism and when he left at age 17 to join the military he overcame those things. I've always looked up to him for that.

However, something really awful happened to him a few years ago and he turned into a major league a-hole -- better known as a "ditto head." Since then, we've stopped talking about politics. It's been hard since we're both pretty passionate people.

Last summer I traveled to Crawford, TX to support Cindy Sheehan in her protest against President Bush. I hardly felt worthy to be in the presence of such a courageous woman. (I literally took rubber gloves with me so I could scrub the portapotties.) There, I met some of the most amazing people I've met in my life.

However, it enraged my father.

My mother and grandmother, both military wives, wanted to come down to Crawford for a day, but felt that it would make things too hard in the family so they didn't.

So, thank you, for saying what you did last night. I don't know that it will make any difference. I keep hoping that my dad will come to his senses. Since I can't talk to him about any of this, I may never know, but anytime one of the people he admires talks sense I hold out hope.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Keep up the great work!

Peace,

Cassandra Complex

January 04, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Cassandra Complex said...

ooooh, i should clarify -- he's not a major league asshole on all things! just politix!!!!

January 04, 2006 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home