Tuesday, April 05, 2005

POPE STILL DEAD


here comes santa claus, here comes santa claus...

Yep... he's still as dead as Generalissimo Francisco Franco.

I was feeling sort of glum about popey, but then in all his obits they went on about how he would criticize liberation theology.

Damn, dawg, liberation theology restored my faith in the Catholic Church.

And he wouldn't tell people to use rubbers. It's AIDS, man. Hand out the rubbers! I mean, wtfwjd?

I remember when he came to Philly when he was a fresh, new popey. I tell ya, he was bigger than Rocky. Rocky. In Philadelphia.

You know what would be cool? If at the funeral, popey sat up, looked at W., and said:

"I've been talking to Jesus. YOU are in BIG trouble, kid."

that would rock.


Tuesday- man, it's been a great month- we went to NY, my brother and his family came to LA and we did all kinds of great stuff, then UNCLE STAN showed up to camp in our living room for a few days.

I'm beat. Happy, but beat. And I gained @ 12 pounds.

The American version of The Office is on tonight. I've been watching it- check out the review below. The NBC version doesn't suck as much as I thought it would.
UPDATE: I come home after a grueling 4 block commute and Cassandra tells me that popey isnt' embalmed. Jon and Ken said it, so it must be histrionic...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO! NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!
STOP IT RIGHT NOW! EITHER TAKE THE PICTURE DOWN OR THE CAPTION BUT CUT IT OUT RIGHT NOW!

April 05, 2005 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to tell Santa upon you -- GOD

April 05, 2005 9:18 PM  
Blogger Dutchman said...

I know- I just read it myself and it's in POOR TASTE. It makes me a little sick, to be frank.

Then I talk about how great my vacation was like I didn't just spew a bunch of immature Pope humor during a time when alot of people are very sad.

I would flame myself if I knew how. Or troll myself. Or whatever people call that blog stuff.

April 05, 2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara (Grinn Pidgeon, SL) said...

That's nothing. My tasteless daughter sent me a "Ding Dong the Pope is Dead" iCard.

Ok, so one tries to justify the 24/7 coverage of the corpse as a transition of a powerful world leader. But, come on, what other world leader's death will get this much coverage in the US? I can't think of another secular leader and certainly not a Muslim leader, even though there are more of them than there are Catholics, that would get such attention. Where is the journalistic integrity and objectivity and sense of balance?

We are certainly just seconds away from being the most fundamentalist nation on earth, which is ok of course because our fundamentalism is the right one.

April 07, 2005 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home