Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Young Republicans support Iraq war, but not all are willing to join the fight



I started writing about the College Republicans Convention a few days ago, but I suffer from liberal apoplexy when confronted with young conservative hypocrisy... especially during wartime.

Today Wonkette has a post that sums it up. Many links...

By the way, I wholeheartedly support the extreme rendition of U of Penn student alcoholic & republican Cory Bray to Fallujah, Iraq, to staple leaflets on Iraqi telephone poles in support of his war and his president.

The heroic and patriotic and 1,776 sheets-to-the-wind Mr. Bray has this to say in the article from The Nation:

By the time I encountered Cory Bray, a towering senior from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business, the beer was flowing freely. "The people opposed to the war aren't putting their asses on the line," Bray boomed from beside the bar. Then why isn't he putting his ass on the line? "I'm not putting my ass on the line because I had the opportunity to go to the number-one business school in the country," he declared, his voice rising in defensive anger, "and I wasn't going to pass that up."

Somewhere Dick "Deferments" Cheney wipes a tear, then has a massive fucking heart attack, but sadly recovers.

Link