Monday, February 21, 2005

So long and Mahalo.

R.I.P., HST

Just got in on a rainy night in the devil's cauldron of Liberalism and Feel-Good Sinnery, having contributed positive vibes to the taping of the Naked Trucker and T-Bones' DVD at the Troubadour, when I learned via the internets the Hunter S. Thompson killed himself today.

I read the Great Shark Hunt when I was 18. I dressed as the good Dr. for Halloween my freshman year for the South Street debauch in Philly.

My dorm room was adorned with a homemade poster, the opening quote to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson."

Read his final column , Shotgun Golf with Bill Murray, here.

Maybe the Rapture has begun, and the Lord took the truest of believers before the going got really weird.

R.I.P.

wikki wikki, bruddah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home