Saturday, November 06, 2004

But... but...


(click photos to enlarge)

I thought the whole point was that we could lay down our sins before Him and He would take care of everything ...

Isn't that what they say on the christian TV? They're always talking about having these great carefree lives and stuff after they find jesus... like they won the lottery or something... i think the scary secret is -- and I know this from super-duper personal experience -- that born again stuff wears off. It's like being god-intoxicated. You have to keep getting your hit... and you can't drink or nothin, so you really have to get a good hit... That's why they're always so passionate and hyped up and stuff. They're trying to come on... I think that's why those shows are always so self-centered/self-improvement, infomercial-ly..

They certainly don't talk about any of the bible-y "least among us" stuff. That's what I really got into when I used to ride the bus to church every sunday in junior high... some girls were into horses, I was into the less fortunate... (ok, ok, i was into the handicapped, i'll admit it... i don't know why but i had a bunch of handicapped friends at church and school... go figure... and then later, in high school i dated a drug dealer but i think that was different...)

But it took me a really long time on google to even find a christian willing to talk about the helping out the poor/weak/mean... Except the anti-abortion folks, they care a whoooooooole lot about the least among us, until The Least are born that is. Then the least among us can starve to death or die of some horrible illness or got to jail or live their whole life on life-support or ... you get the picture...

And, in case you don't, I've got pictures for you right here:









These photos are all from our Dodging the Apocalypse Tour. This place was called Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ Ministries and it boasts the largest cross in the western hemisphere (19 stories, I think). This is the anti-abortion part of their ministry. And THIS is the money money money part of their ministry. Just think what $3,000,000.00 a year could do for The Least already on the planet... and, as my husband keeps reminding me, abortions are up under W, the Born Again, compared to Clinton, the Damned Forever...

But I did finally find some good christian stuff... this sermon kinda reminds me of my jesus :



This is what Jesus says to ... those who are headed to everlasting life, found in Matthew, chapter 25, verses 34-36: (Matthew 25:34-36 NKJV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"'…Come, you blessed of my father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in; I was naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you visited me; I was in prison and you came to me.’”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a .. description of the last judgment. Human destiny seems to revolve around kindnesses done to God. But God is never hungry or thirsty or imprisoned. Jesus [addresses this] in Matthew, chapter 25 and verse 40 when He said: (Matthew 25:40 NKJV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"'…Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus is saying that kindnesses done for the least among us, the least of God's children, are done to God Himself. God is there among the poorest. God is there among the least worthy. God is there among the worst of society that must be imprisoned. And every attempt to meet their needs touches God's heart. It's as if he were in need. It's as if we clothed and fed him.



So there it is... Jesus was a communist hippie freak, or some kind of LIB-ER-RUHL, or at the very least, he believed in -- hold on -- brace yourself -- SHARING. [[[gasp]]] He wasn't a greedy, judgemental, right-wing nutbag. He was a big ol' lefty. And take heart, comrades, there is a soft place to land. It's called the religious left. I won't necessarily be partaking of it anytime soon, but it's nice to know that it's there... The right has tried to comandeer our patriotism and we haven't let them. Now they're trying to take away "morality." How dare they...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused what kind of mind sees kindness in partially delivering all but three inches of a baby and then opening its head with a pair of scissors and sucking that persons brains out as kindness, same as it ever was, Hitler convinced his faithful that killing the handicapped was the kind thing to do as well. Read the whole book then give commentary. Christ was a liberal, in the classic sense. The the perverted modern sense, of the culture of death.

November 07, 2004 12:13 AM  
Blogger Cassandra Complex said...

huh? wha?

November 07, 2004 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home