Monday, January 29, 2007

photos and video from saturday's march in DC

We head back to la tomorrow- been very busy- here are some pictures for the march last saturday:














(www.tri-be.org)







Later that night we met at the Viet Nam War Memorial to pay our respects. I remember visiting as a child and thinking that at least our country learned a lesson in that war... alas, alas... this "award" was leaning against the wall:




And we walked up to the Lincoln and this inscription of the Gettysburg Address reminded me why I came 3,000 miles- yes, Lincoln was talking about the sacrifices of the Union dead, but as a citizen, and in these times of our Signing Statement Dictator, I felt that I came to stand and march and witness so that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth... the biggest thing I'm taking from this trip, from the march to the lobbying (more on that in another post) is that the people and only the people will end this war


Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home